Join me as I try to Run the World! I hope to complete a run on every continent before I turn 50. I started in Asia, my current continent of residence. A 1km Junior run with Taliya was my first one of the decade. A great and fun start to my new goal.
I hope to finish 2015 running a half-marathon around Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Watch this space to see where I end up!
This combines travel and running – perfect!! I hope to find quirky runs as well as physically challenging ones. There are runs in the Arctic as well as the Antartica – the latter is already booked for the next 2 years and is rather expensive, so I’ll need to do some fundraising for that. There’s one on Easter Island (my ultimate dream destination). The Medoc Run takes place in a French wine region and wine features heavily – definitely got to do that one!
My runs have already kicked off with the “Beat the Banana” 1km Junior run which I completed with Tali on Sunday 15th March 2015. I have recently completed a 6k on 28th March and just registered for a 10k in Florida. I’m excited about my new goal. I’ll create a page for posts related to this on this blog and might also create a facebook page. Watch this space…
I hope that this is a goal in which others can get involved too. Wanna join me? There are lots of different ways to do this and it doesn’t have to involve you wearing lycra…
- Join me on a run (OK, so this could involve lycra)
- Join me at a place where I will run (you can take photos!)
- Suggest a run for me to complete
- Suggest a charity or cause that I run for or raise awareness for
- Suggest a place for me to run in or along. I don’t think all my runs will be ‘official’ races. I really hope to run along the avenue of Baobab trees in Madagascar.
- Send me a pair of socks to run in, though I can’t guarantee that I’ll wear both at the same time 😉